A Ketogenic Diet is not just low carb but low carb, high fat (LCHF). While the Atkins diet was low carb, it wasn’t high fat; instead Atkins was a high protein diet.
The NitroKeto Diet strives to put your body into Nutritional Ketosis. To accomplish this we operate within the classic Ketogenic Macro Nutrient ratio of 80/15/5. This means 80% of your daily calories will come from fat, 15% from Protein and only 5% (or less) from Carbohydrates.
- Good Fats: Coconut Oil, MCT Oil, Avocados and Avocado Oil, Grass Feed Butter, High Fat Beef, Pork, Chicken, Bacon, Olives, Cheese, Sour Cream, Cream, Nut Butters, Dark Chocolate (at least 78% Cocao) NitroKeto Ketone Shake and Keto Cappuccino.
- Bad Fats: Margarine, Hydrogenated and Partially Hydrogenated Oils, Vegetable Oils (Corn, Canola, Etc.)
- Good Protein: High Fat Beef, Chicken and Pork.
- Bad Protein: Processed or Deli Meats, Tofu
- Maybe Protein: Beans - make sure to count the Net Carbs
- Good Carbs: Vegetables (Grown Above Ground)
- Bad Carbs: All Junk Food and Candy, Sugar, Soft Drinks including Diet Soft Drinks, Fruit Juice, Pasta, Any vegetable grown in the Ground tends to be high carb (Potatoes, Carrots, Beets, Etc.) Onions, Garlic, Leeks are exceptions to this and can be consume freely. All Grains (Gluten Free is still a Carb)
- Maybe Carbs: Fruit (Berries are an occasional treat)
* Remember… You will most likely need to keep your Carbs to under 20g/Day and your primary source of Carbohydrates will come from Vegetables. All Vegetables taste better with loads of butter and Hollandaise Sauce.